If I could have Chinese take out every single night, I probably would. We’re always searching for new ways to make health, Asian inspired dinners. We try to incorporate as many veggies as possible at dinner time. Sometimes we have the stir fried veggies on their own, or serve over a bed of white rice or pan-fried lo mien noddles. Enjoy!
Veggie Stir Fry
Serves 4-6; serve with your choice of rice or noddles or enjoy by itself. This meal takes approximately 30 minutes to prepare
- 2 medium sized baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 container baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 container white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup snap peas, whole
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, whole
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 large head broccoli, florets sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 medium sized zucchini, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Prepare your vegetables by chopping and slicing
- In a medium sized skillet, melt 1 tbsp of butter and add chopped onion, salt, pepper, 1/2 tsp paprika. Cook the onion on high heat until the onion becomes translucent and begins to brown (5-10 minutes).
- In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp of butter and heat over medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp of soy sauce, 3 tbsp of mirin, salt, pepper, and 1 clove of minced garlic. Add mushrooms. Sautée until mushrooms begin to brown and the water has started to evaporate.
- In a large wok, heat oil, 3 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of mirin, chili sauce, and sriracha over medium high heat. Add 2 cloves of garlic and cook for about 30 seconds until garlic becomes aromatic.
- Add broccoli, bok choy, carrot, jalapeño, green onion, snap peas, bean sprouts, and zucchini to the wok and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want your veggies to be relatively firm. Cook to preferred tenderness.
- Serve mushrooms, onions, and other wok veggies in a bowl by themselves or over a bed of noodles or rice and enjoy!