Afternoons spent sitting in the backyard with sticky fingers and a cold beer tend to be my favorite. Summertime is around the corner and entertaining is a big part of our lifestyle; we’re always looking for fun dinner party ideas or appetizers to bring along. This apricot salsa is fresh, fruity, and delicious on chips, tacos, or your favorite bowl.
I personally love having fresh fruit around the house in the summertime. This salsa is a personal favorite on pulled pork tacos or served with toasty tortilla chips and a fresh margarita. I really love how the sweetness compliments the pork on warm corn tortillas.
Summery Apricot Salsa
- 5 cups fresh apricots pitted and diced
- 1 cup sweet onion chopped
- 2 roma tomatos diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk green onion
- 2 jalapeño chili peppers
- 1 habanero chili pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves and stems, finely chopped
- juice from one lime
- 1/2 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil or other high heat oil
- tortilla chips for serving
- Add green onion, garlic, habanero, and jalapeños to a medium sauce pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Allow peppers to begin to slightly blister. About 3-4 minutes)
- Once peppers have begun to brown and blister on the outsides, remove from heat. Halve the peppers, remove seeds and ribs. Finely dice peppers and green onion. Mince garlic.
- In a medium sized bowl, add apricots, tomato, and sweet onion. Mix in garlic, peppers, and green onion.
- Mix in additional ingredients: agave nectar, flaky sea salt, black pepper, cilantro, and juice from one lime.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or tacos