Come home to the smell of fresh bread and enjoy this rosemary olive oil load with our Garlic, Thyme, Parmesan Potato Stacks. This bread is so hard to stop eating so make sure you’ve got a full table to dinner so you don’t finish it while you’re still cooking!
You can either head to your local bakery section and pick up a loaf of rosemary olive oil bread that’s been prepared for you (always a quick and easy option; a lot of bakery sections sell fresh loafs for a few dollars) or you can make your own. If you’re in a time crunch, using a fresh option from the bakery is also delicious. If you have the time, I would definitely recommend trying to make your own.
Rosemary Olive Oil Loaf
- 1 tbsp granulated yeast (active dry yeast)
- 2.5 tsp kosher salt
- 2 3/4 cup bread flour + extra flour for dusting
- 1.5 cups of warm water
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp corn meal
- 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
- Minced garlic, thyme, sage can all be added if you’d like
- Add yeast in a mixing bowl with warm water. You want the water to be warmer than body temperature. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add your bread flour, salt, olive oil, and rosemary into the bowl with the yeast and water. Mix until completely combined.
- Place your bread someplace warm and let rise for 3 hours
- After 3 hours, refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F
- Add a METAL baking tin with water to the bottom rack of oven
- Grease a baking tray with butter, sprinkle corn meal on top of butter so the bread does not stick
- Remove the dough from the bowl and sprinkle generously with extra dusting flour
- Form a ball with your dough
- Place ball of dough on baking sheet on top of your butter and corn meal and let rest for 25 minutes before baking
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool for at least 15 minutes. We recommend waiting at least 30 if you plan to slice and make into garlic bread.
Tip: A wooden spoon helps when mixing your ingredients initially!
Transforming Your Rosemary Olive Oil Loaf Into Garlic Bread
You may need more, but this will get you started!
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4-6 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Once your bread is prepared and has cooled, slice your loaf into pieces.
- Spread butter on both sides of your bread, this will help make it crispy.
- Place on a baking sheet
- Spread minced garlic across each piece to your liking on one side
- Sprinkle each side with freshly grated Parmesan cheese to your liking
- Bake your bread for 4-8 minutes or until your bread has become crisp
- Serve immediately