Mermaid smoothie bowls are always a favorite when you’d had a long afternoon sunbathing and you need a refreshing snack. Plus — Spirulina is packed full of nutrients!
Spirulina is all the rage (and we can definitely hop on board). Not only does this beautiful blue powder transform smoothie bowls, it’s great for your body. We’re personally huge fans of E3Live Blue Majik Powder.
Spirulina is a micro-organism that can be found in fresh and salt water. According to Healthline, “It is a type of cyanobacteria, which is a family of single-celled microbes that are often referred to as blue-green algae.Just like plants, cyanobacteria can produce energy from sunlight via a process called photosynthesis.” It’s choc full of antioxidants and vitamins like phycocyanin, Vitamin B1, B2, B3, Copper, and Iron. It can aid gut health and help with health conditions like diabetes, reducing blood pressure, and fighting high cholesterol.
Mermaid Smoothie Bowl
- 2 medium frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 tsp blue spirulina powder (like Blue Majik)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes for garnish
- 1/4 cup blueberries for garnish
- 1/4 cup chia seeds for garnish
- Remove fruit from freezer and let thaw for 5 minutes. Peel any fruit that has skin or peel on outside.
- Combine all ingredients (except those for garnish) in a blender.Combine all ingredients (except those for garnish) in a blender.
- Blend until all ingredients are combined. If it’s too thick, add more coconut milk.
- Pour into glasses and garnish as you’d like with blueberries, chia seeds, and coconut flakes. Enjoy!