This recipe is super quick and is a crowd favorite. You can prepare this recipe in about 5 minutes and it’s a great way to start your morning fresh with some juicy tomatoes and creamy cheese.
When choosing your bread, tomatoes, and cheese — it’s really up to you! We like to use bread that crisps on the edges and is a bit thicker to support the tomatoes. For your cheese, choose a spreadable cheese that will smear nicely onto the bread. To top it off, you can use anything from halved cherry tomatoes, diced tomatoes off the vine, to plum tomatoes. Enjoy!
Crispy Cheese + Tomato Toasts
- 4 slices sourdough bread sliced thick
- 3 oz goat cheese, cream cheese, or brie cheese at room temperature
- 2 tomatoes from the vine diced
- 4 tsp basil minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- pinch flaky sea salt to taste
- pinch fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Toast your bread of choice (we typically use sourdough) or let it brown under the broiler until the bread begins to crisp
- In a small bowl, mix together your tomatoes, basil, garlic, and olive oil
- Spread your cheese of choice onto your toast
- Add your tomato topping to each toast
- Sprinkle with fresh cracked black pepper and flaky sea salt, enjoy!