This recipe is delicious if you’re craving a hearty breakfast with some fruit. You’ve got fruit, whole grains, and protein from eggs… what more could you ask out of a simple, delicious breakfast casserole.
This one is a hit during crazy weekend mornings when you’re on the go and want to pop something in the oven for ‘fancy breakfast’. If you don’t have time to sit at a griddle and flip pancakes for an hour, try this one out instead.
Banana Peach Rolled Oat Oatmeal
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 2 large Bananas sliced
- 1 peach peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups oat milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 8×8 inch casserole dish or baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Combine rolled oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, chia seeds, oat milk, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Stir to combine ingredients.
- After mixture is combined, stir in bananas and peaches.
- Scoop mixture into greased baking dish and bake for 30 minutes until the oatmeal has begun to lightly brown on the top. You want the edges and top to crisp slightly before removing from oven.
- Check your oatmeal with a knife or toothpick. It is done once it comes out mostly clean without leaving much residue on the knife or toothpick.
- Let the oatmeal rest 10-15 minutes before serving. Slice into 4 equal pieces, serve, and enjoy!