This recipe is a quick and filling way to start your morning or get some protein in after a session at the gym. The freshness from the tomatoes and basil compliments the egg whites nicely. We personally like to add a nice layer of our favorite jalapeño hot sauce on top before serving. Enjoy!
Garden Fresh Roasted Tomatoes + Egg Whites
- 3 egg whites separate and remove yolk
- avocado oil spray
- 3 oz grape tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- sea salt to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- hot sauce for serving
- In a 12 inch skillet, heat 2 sprays of avocado oil over high heat and add halved grape tomatoes. Cook for about 3 minutes until the tomatoes begin to burst and blister a bit on the outside.
- In a bowl, add separated egg whites, black pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Remove the tomatoes from the skillet and set aside. Add 1 spray of avocado oil, add eggs, and let egg whites cook until set (about 1 1/2 minutes to 2 minutes)
- Once your eggs have begun to set, add tomatoes back to skillet and basil. Finish cooking until the eggs are to your liking.
- Serve with your favorite hot sauce