Fresh summery tomatoes, a bit of heat, and a touch of acidity make this a delicious topping for any Mexican dish or served alongside your favorite, crispy tortilla chips with some guacamole.
This one is a classic. Everyone loves a great pico : it’s fresh, a bit tangy, and provides a bit of heat when paired with your favorite meats and warm, corn tortillas. This is super simple to make and is a great side dish or appetizer to bring to parties.
Fresh Pico De Gallo
- 10 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and stems, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 jalapeños seeds and ribs removed, finely diced
- juice from one large lime
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Combine chopped veggies in a mixing bowl.
- Add lime juice, salt, pepper, and mix.
- Serve with your favorite crispy tortilla chips or spooned over an entree.